December 9, 2009

Today, I blog!

Greetings! I, like some of the other members of our gaming group, have decided to jump on the blogger bandwagon! While I love to write and hopefully will keep this updated relatively consistently, I also get easily distracted... so who knows, but I promise to do my best to remember!

Let me tell you quickly about me and my gaming life. I began playing Warhammer 40k around the age of 14, and whilst my love of the hobby has never waned, life has occasionally made it take a back seat for sometimes short, sometimes long periods of time. What this means is that while I have a lot of figures, I only have a small amount of them painted. It does not help that I've stripped a bunch of my mini's to repaint them. But hey, that's what happens as your painting skills improve and I'd like to think mine have enough to do it. Although I tried to branch away and start a second army for a while (Tau), I found myself trying to stay focused on my one true army, Eldar. Recently, thanks to the people in the local gaming group, Ordo Ineptus, I have finally ventured into the realm of Warhammer Fantasy. I decided on Dark Elves for two reasons - One, the newer models are awesome looking; Two, I've always loved using elves in fantasy settings. They were almost always my character choice playing D&D. I've only played a few games, but have found that I'm a big fan of WFB. I'm particulary fond of how the rules are akin to how 40k rules were win I started this hobby.

Besides posting here about how things go in the Warhammer world for me (I'll eventually even post pictures of my modeling!), some of us have in the Ordo recently begun playing the new Rogue Trader RPG, and I hope to keep a character log here as that progresses. Until next time, keep an eye on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment